The Australia Indonesia Association (AIA) of NSW unites people with a social and cultural interest in Indonesia. The association provides an opportunity to attend Sydney based Indonesian events, socialize with people who have a common interest in Indonesia and learn about Indonesian culture
It was established to encourage
- Culture and literature,
- And to promote friendship,
- Understanding and good relations between Australians and Indonesians.
The AIA members have lived, worked, travelled or studied in Indonesia – or they plan to. It includes people who have a fascination for the culture, music and art of Indonesia. Some members have an Indonesian background and family living there while others have an academic interest in the country. Everyone with an interest in Indonesia is welcome!
The Australia Indonesia Association was founded in 1945, making it one of the oldest and longest established organizations in the world with an interest in the newly independent country of Indonesia. In 2010 we celebrated our 65th Anniversary.
In 2020 we will be celebrating our 75th Anniversary!
Our activities including:
- Information exchange
- Cultural exhibitions
- Seminars and discussions with experts on Indonesian affairs;
- Participation in Indonesian celebrations in Australia;
- Annual school prize for Indonesian studies;
- Fund raising for charities, and
- Hospitality to Indonesian visitors.
Check out our Facebook Group Page!
Check out the AIA Constitution